The Best Practices in Teaching program implements research-based teaching strategies that accelerate student achievement. This graduate certificate involves the following effective teaching practices: vocabulary development, comprehensive instructional strategies, accelerated English language learning, higher level questioning, differentiated and targeted instruction, student engagement strategies, cooperative learning grouping strategies, and standard-based instruction. Along with learning the strategies listed above, candidates will be taught how to create multidisciplinary standards-based lesson plans. They will learn how to target research-based strategies to close the achievement gap.
Candidates will do a video-streaming analysis of specific strategies. Candidates will develop a repertoire of strategies to become a trainer of trainers.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate Best Practices for Standards-based instruction across content areas.
- Use Best Practice teaching Strategies across the curriculum.
- Apply to their teaching the framework of Teach, Practice and Apply using Best Practice Teaching strategies.
- Implement Best Practice teaching strategies for the development of vocabulary, math, reading comprehension and interdisciplinary learning.
- Integrate Best Practices in multimedia-interactive classroom instruction.
- Demonstrate a repertoire of differentiated instructional strategies for assessment and grouping.