This program links the California Preliminary Credential to the experiences during and reflections upon the first years of teaching. Candidates eligible for this program must be under contract with a school district and hold a preliminary single or multiple subject credential. Candidates will apply content standards and curriculum frameworks to assess, plan and deliver differentiated instruction to diverse student populations. The effective use of technology in the classroom will also be addressed. Candidate will demonstrate their proficiency via an e-portfolio project.
For additional information on credential requirements, please see the Sanford College of Education Credential Information section of the catalog.
Program Learning Outcomes
- utilize content standards, curriculum frameworks and instructional materials to plan and deliver appropriate instruction for all students.
- Incorporate student data from multiple measures (including those for English learners and special populations) to inform instruction.
- plan and deliver instruction using multi-tiered interventions.
- create well-managed, equitable and inclusive learning environments
- use technology for a variety of purposes including communication and collaboration as well as assessing, planning and delivering instruction
- adhere to professional, legal and ethical obligations including district policies