TEL602 Lang. Acquisition & Learning
Focuses on the components of language and theories of first and second language acquisition. Compares and contrasts the processes and outcomes of first and second language acquisition. Includes classroom implications of first and second language acquisition.
- Describe and analyze the major components of language, and explain the ways in which they interact.
- Describe the classroom implications of first language development and second language acquisition.
- Compare and contrast the natures of first and second language acquisition, and analyze the relationships between the two processes.
- Analyze the ways in which literacy and language develop during the school years.
- Analyze and design classroom strategies that will support students’ first and second language development.
- Describe, compare and contrast the major theories of first and second language acquisition, and use those theories to explain how language is acquired.