TED640B Student Teaching II
Lead Faculty: Ms. Caprice Houston-Bey
A continuance of TED 640A, and as such, continues to focus upon the practice and development of teaching skills in the classroom in a full day, eight-week term at a school site. Elementary education candidates continue to meet the requirements of the Teacher Performance Expectations as they are mentored by a university supervisor and a master teacher at the school site. Students continue to attend the seminar coincidentally with the student teaching experience. Grading is by S or U only.
- Assume classroom responsibility of the teaching position by demonstrating attention to each of the Thirteen Performance Expectations, as reported in the Evaluation Form.
- Design lesson plans and present lessons for observation and critique by Field Supervisors and the University Supervisor.
- Participate in monthly conferences.
- Describe a variety of lessons and identify state adopted academic content standards, teaching techniques, instructional strategies, assessment techniques, and Teaching Performance Expectations (TPEs) by reporting these observations on the Verification of Off-site Observations / Experiences Form.
- Demonstrate fulfillment of professional responsibilities and maintenance of positive interpersonal relationships.