Lead Faculty: Dr. Nancy Ann Falsetto
Multiple subject curriculum development in teaching History, Social Science, Physical Education, Visual and Performing Arts using State of California content standards. Content-specific teaching practices, lesson design, and assessment of student learning are emphasized to provide access to the curriculum for all students. Four-hours of field experiences in a K-6 classroom are required.
- Given student backgrounds, design a variety of educational experiences for the whole class and provide adaptations for ELL , special needs, and gifted students.
- Identify and describe five categories of classroom-based assessment.
- Characterize valid and reliable classroom assessments.
- Demonstrate ability to connect learning about students to instructional planning by planning and teaching a lesson to include at least two valid and reliable assessments for the whole class.
- Design a long-term curricular plan that integrates Social Science, Physical Education, and Visual and Performing Arts to include an assessment for the whole class and at least one assessment adaptation for ELL, Special Needs, and gifted learners.