TED633 Content Area Instruct-Assess
This course focuses on content area, subject-specific instruction and assessment strategies effectively engaging all G7-12 students in learning. Candidates will develop a repertoire of content area specific materials, instructional methods, and standards-based assessment strategies for all diverse learners. This course requires four-hours of work in a G7-12 classroom.
- Use theoretical frameworks and instructional models to analyze content area teaching and assessment strategies.
- Analyze content area-standardized assessments, formative and summative assessment strategies, and grading schemes.
- Design a content area learning plan with an emphasis on teacher-directed/student-centered instructional strategies. (
- Teach a teacher-directed/student-centered learning plan, gather student-learning data, and reflect after instruction.
- Integrate current and future technological instruction into teaching case studies in content area.
- Create a content area andamp;#8216;resource file' targeted on teaching specified concepts/skills in identified learning plans.