TED616B C&I II: Math & Science
Lead Faculty: Ms. Caprice Houston-Bey
Elementary education curriculum development and teaching Mathematics and Science using Nevada content standards. Content specific teaching practices,
lesson design, learning environments and assessment of student learning are emphasized to provide access to the curriculum for all students.
- Develop a plan to respond appropriately in managing disruptive student behaviors.
- Given student backgrounds, design a variety of educational experiences and provide adaptations for learners with exceptional linguistic and learning needs in the upper elementary grades.
- Given student backgrounds, design a variety of educational experiences and provide adaptations for learners with exceptional linguistic and learning needs in the lower elementary grades.
- Identify the types, uses, and limitations of content specific assessments for diverse learners.
- In the designated content areas, design formal and informal assessments to monitor student progress and modify educational experiences for diverse learners.
- Design lessons.
- Design and implement a lesson plan. Reflect on the experience after instruction.