TED461 Mathematics Teaching Methods
Lead Faculty: Dr Zhonghe Wu
Course DescriptionA critical inquiry into present-day tendencies in teaching mathematics in order to help prospective mathematics teachers to acquire their professional skills in the teaching of mathematics in secondary school. Fundamental concepts of mathematics and effective approaches to their teaching will be discussed.
- Discuss math standards and the content of math programs for secondary schools.
- Apply diverse teaching techniques and encourage the learning process in the mathematics classroom.
- Use modern technological tools for teaching and solving math problems.
- Describe and rationalize a set of strategies for mathematical problem-generation.
- Discuss the rules of effectiveness in mathematics study.
- Investigate new resources for developing their professional and teaching skills.