TED430 Special Needs Students
Lead Faculty: Dr. Judith Menoher
Provides instructional strategies and methodologies for adapting content, assessment and pedagogy that ensures every student with exceptional learning needs is taught under optimal conditions for learning.
- Recognize and identify learners with various exceptionalities.
- Understand teachers’ roles, both in general and special education.
- Effectively communicate the legal and educational rights of exceptional learners to parents and families.
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of the various contexts for serving students with special needs.
- Apply instructional strategies that work for all types of learners.
- Value the students they teach as individuals who are capable of learning.