TED218 Learner Growth & Development
Study of learner characteristics, learning styles and factors that influence behavior, motivation and learning. Study will include attention to the variety of learners in public schools, including diversity of abilities, languages, ethnicity, special needs, socio-economic status and gender. Both typical and atypical development will be addressed.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and writing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of student characteristics, learning styles and factors that influence behavior, motivation and learning.
- Articulate different strategies for development of social skills based upon learner characteristics.
- Articulate the relationship between growth and development, classroom management and instructional strategies.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural, individual differences and disabilities.