TED212 ELL & Students w/Special Needs
Foundational information regarding language development and the needs of English Language Learners (ELL) will be presented. A second part of the course will cover foundations of special education and the variety of learning needs of student with Special Needs. Strategies for effective teaching with individual students and small groups under the supervision of a credentialed teacher will be addressed.
- Articulate theories of language development.
- Demonstrate strategies to facilitate effective instruction for English learners.
- Create conducive environment to support student communication in English in the classroom.
- Articulate understanding of various special needs learners.
- Demonstrate strategies to facilitate effective integration of special needs learners into various classroom settings.
- Exhibit sensitivity to cultural, individual differences and disabilities.