NBC639 Leadership Portfolio
Lead Faculty: Ms. Ronarae Adams
Course DescriptionThis course is designed to provide classroom educators the knowledge and skills required to understand and evaluate research relevant to their roles as professional educators. Teachers will develop a professional portfolio that incorporates knowledge, understanding, and evaluation of research providing evidence of meeting NBPTS certificate standards by performance-based assessments. Course is eligible for an 'IP' grade.
- Produce a professional, Accomplished Teacher-Leadership Portfolio that reflects the rigorous requirements and criteria set forth by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- Finalize four commentaries as defined by a self-selected, specific NBCT Certificate Field and that reflects clear, consistent and convincing evidence of increased student achievement documented with video segments and student work samples.
- Access and utilize information gained from professional organizations, from colleagues, and from publications and research in the selected Certificate Field.
- Identify, select and reflect quality research applicable to the NBCT portfolio requirements and interpret, analyze and synthesize the significance of that research in relationship to its use in the classroom, with students, the community, families, with colleagues and as a leader in the profession.
- Incorporate action research and complete the final written portfolio that reflects research findings.