MAT653 Motivational Leadership
Lead Faculty: Dr. Sidney R. Castle
This course focuses on the current state of teacher leadership, emerging proposals for reframing teacher leadership, and examines emotion intelligence research and its impact on morale and motivation of staff within organizations. Through completion of a triangulation assessment, and the creation of a personal action plan to improve emotional intelligence, candidates will better understand their organization and develop a clear sense of their own strengths and challenges as leaders.
- Understand the components of emotional intelligence.
- Develop their ability to conduct a rigorous self-assessment of their own emotional intelligence.
- Know how to connect emotional intelligence to their leadership style.
- Develop an understanding of what validates the connecting of emotional intelligence to leadership style.
- Know how to create a personal professional action plan.
- Be knowledgeable about the research surrounding emotional intelligence.
- Analyze their emotional intelligence competencies by conducting a rigorous self-assessment.
- Assess the validity of the need to connect emotional intelligence to teacher leadership by the creation of a personal professional action plan.
- Debate the research surrounding emotional intelligence.
- Engage with other colleagues to critique each other’s professional action plan.