MAT651 Assessing Educational Leaders
Lead Faculty: Dr. Dina Pacis
This is the foundation course for the Teacher Leadership Specialization and involves a self-assessment and the creation of a personal learning plan. Upon completion of the course, candidates will develop a clear sense of their strengths and challenges as educational leaders. In addition to developing a plan for their own professional learning, participating candidates will all learn the skills for assessing and developing other educational leaders within their organization.
- Understand how to conduct an assessment of leadership competencies.
- Better understand their own leadership competencies.
- Know how to conduct a multi-dimensional leadership assessment analysis.
- Be able to create a personal professional learning plan.
- Understand the research surrounding educational leadership.
- Acquire and be able to demonstrate the leadership qualities needed to produce effective classroom instruction.
- Conduct a rigorous self-assessment to analyze their own personal leadership competencies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of multi-dimensional leadership assessment through the creation of a personal professional learning plan.
- Assess and debate the research surrounding educational leadership.
- Engage other colleagues to critique each other's multi-dimensional leadership assessment analysis.