EDT695 Capstone Project
Lead Faculty: Dr. Everett George Beckwith
EDT 695 is the final class in the MS in Educational and Instructional Technology program. Under the supervision of a faculty member, students complete a Capstone Project and accompanying report. This course is two months long. Students meet weekly via voice/web with a faculty supervisor. Grading is by H, S, or U only. Course is eligible for an "IP" grade.
- Conduct an educational needs assessment using analysis of subject matter, job/task, audience, and context.
- Apply learning theory, instructional theory, and interactive communication theory using various technology methods across disciplines.
- Integrate interdisciplinary connections from technology, psychology, and computer assisted interactive communications.
- Construct an instructional module using appropriate theories and methodologies.
- Evaluate effective teaching methods for adult learners using available technologies.
- Evaluate the social, political, economic, and global implications of web-based instruction.
- Integrate multimedia elements into simulations, virtual worlds, and learning objects.