EDT671 Curriculum for Online Learning
Lead Faculty: Dr. Cynthia Sistek-Chandler
Course DescriptionA comprehensive course on how to design curriculum that will be implemented in an online teaching environment. Students use an online course management and authoring system to design a course for use in K-16 or for corporate, government, or military education.
- Design an online course.
- Identify and demonstrate methods and techniques to accommodate learners in an online environment.
- Analyze appropriate Internet resources to use in designing curriculum.
- Critique five kinds of technology trends that will shape learning environments in the future.
- Compare productivity software and data collection tools to perform statistical analysis of student performance on tests.
- Describe professional skills required by educators who wish to benefit from emerging technology developments.
- Identify and evaluate different course authoring systems for different uses.
- Develop a curriculum plan for an Internet project designed according to a directed or constructivist model.