EDT613 Simulations & Virtual Reality
Lead Faculty: Dr. Everett George Beckwith
Simulations & Virtual Reality explores the role of multi-user virtual environments and simulations (MUVES) in education. Using Second Life, students will identify and use the pedagogical methods, virtual tools and content resources for creating and teaching in a virtual reality.
- Design and build a learning environment (simulation) in a virtual world
- Conduct and evaluate teaching sessions in a virtual world.
- Evaluate and analyze the educational utility of a game, simulation or virtual reality environment
- Analyze and synthesize recent research relevant to teaching and learning in virtual world simulations
- Conduct individual and group projects in a virtual reality environment.