EDT612 Meaningful Learning w/ Tech.
Lead Faculty: Dr. Cynthia Sistek-Chandler
Focus on integrating technology and constructing meaningful learning in P-16 classrooms and the workplace. Students apply traditional learning theories to technology-based methods and techniques, use technology as a communication tool, and design lesson-based web projects. Contemporary issues involving the Internet, research skills, and information literacy skills will also be addressed. Students must have a familiarity with Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Desktop Publishing, and Internet Search skill. Students must have a familiarity with Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Desktop Publishing, and Internet Search skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competency of technology operations and concepts by integrating technology tools throughout the curriculum and in the core subjects.
- Analyze and apply social, ethical, and legal issues related to technology.
- Defend the role of technology to support critical thinking and problem solving in the classroom.
- Design online curriculum by applying 6 steps of a WebQuest.
- Build professional online learning communities by engaging in synchronous and asynchronous discussions centered around the efficacy of communication.
- Examine the effectiveness of technology based assessment and evaluation strategies in the K-12 classroom.