EDT612 Meaningful Learning w/ Tech.
Lead Faculty: Dr. Cynthia Sistek-Chandler
This course focuses on integrating technology and constructing meaningful learning in K-16 classrooms. Students apply traditional learning theories to technology-based methods and techniques, use technology as a communication tool, and design lesson-based web projects. Contemporary issues involving the Internet and the development of virtual learning communities will also be addressed.
- Generate an example of an activity using technology that satisfies the definition of authentic activity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the 6 steps in a WebQuest.
- Identify ways to apply learning theories to classroom technologies.
- Define Internet copyright laws and laws for the protection of children.
- Access chat sessions and list servs for teachers nationally.
- Explain the components of school servers.
- Understand the benefits of firewalls.
- Explore virtual learning communities.
- Research future uses of the Internet.
- Analyze school web sites for research potential.