EDT608 Technology in the Classroom
Lead Faculty: Dr. Everett George Beckwith
Course DescriptionComprehensive overview of technology use in an educational environment. Includes hands-on practice of word processing, presentations, spreadsheet, and database management. Topics include: introduction to Internet, integrating technology into teaching and learning, technology management, and strategies for integration of technology into the curriculum. Complies with the requirements for a California Teaching Credential.
- Identify and operate computer systems, hardware components and a variety of educational software.
- Apply learned skills in the selection, evaluation and appropriate uses of computer-based learning materials consistent with theories of learning and intelligence.
- Create and discuss a plan for integration of computer-based application into instruction in the candidateandapos;s selected subject area and/or grade level.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to use computer-based technology productivity/multimedia programs such as word processing, spreadsheet, database, Inspiration and HyperStudio to enhance the development of studentandapos;s problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, and/or creative processes.
- Discuss and assess issues related to the law and ethics, access and equity of computer usage.