EDT607 Media Based Learning Objects
Lead Faculty: Dr. Everett George Beckwith
Course DescriptionLearners experience exploration and creation of media-based learning objects for onsite and online courses. Pedagogical foundations in digital media authoring tools invite learners to research, plan, create, and evaluate reusable learning objects in classroom curriculum. Special focus is given to creating shared content libraries and rich media for educational products.
- Utilize state-of-the-art software and hardware required to develop and use multimedia as part of an instructional system.
- Compose scholarly documents, from the perspective of instructional theory, the benefits that derive from incorporating sound, pictures, and video into instruction to students of varying learning styles.
- Produce constituent multimedia assets using various professional authoring tools.
- Discuss, through scholarly dialog, the effectiveness of different media in encouraging learning among students with different learning styles.
- Develop a reusable media based learning object though planning, implementation, and evaluation phases of design.