ECE653 Best ECE Teaching Practices
Lead Faculty: Dr. Susan B. Gilbert
Focus on research based effective teaching strategies for young children. Examines opportunities for integrating curriculum across content areas. Close attention paid to balancing standards and Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP). Addresses NCATE/NAEYC Advanced Standard 4, Teaching and Learning, Sub standard s 4B. 4c, and 4d.
- Identify effective instructional strategies that foster children's learning both within and across content area.
- Demonstrate an understanding of intentional and differentiated instruction.
- Modify existing curriculum to accommodate a range of children's learning levels and styles.
- Formulate an approach to instruction that supports the standards, DAP and a variety of learning levels and styles.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a variety of instructional strategies.