ECE650 The Early Childhood Teacher
Lead Faculty: Dr. Susan B. Gilbert
Course DescriptionExamines the critical role of the early childhood teacher. Opportunities to reflect upon beliefs, analyze current role, recognize strengths and develop a plan to move forward that strengthens and supports their professional growth. Addresses NAEYC/NCATE Advanced Standard 5: Growing as a professional.
- Define their beliefs about early childhood teachers, children, parents and stakeholders.
- Discuss their beliefs in light of course reading, field experiences and assignments.
- Summarize their teaching strengths and opportunities for growth through active reflection.
- Analyze teaching strengths based upon course readings, field experiences and assignments.
- Evaluate teaching strengths based upon course work and develop a plan for continued professional growth in accordance with CCTC Professional Growth Manual guidelines or its equivalent.