ECE454 Creative Aesthetics
Lead Faculty: Dr. Susan B. Gilbert
Focus on understanding the value of providing opportunities for infants and toddlers to engage in sensory art exploration as well as experimentation with culturally diverse music and dance. Emphasis is on creating experiences indoors and outdoors focusing on the aesthetic process of experiencing various rhythms, tones, textures and color.
- Explain aesthetics as it relates to infants and toddlers in group care
- Demonstrate the use of aesthetics in the growth and development of infants and toddlers in indoor and outdoor learning environments.
- Design a series of developmentally appropriate experiences involving various aspects of aesthetics.
- Analyze research that shows how aesthetics is being used in the treatment of developmental delays.
- Share resources that value diversity and the uniqueness of infants and toddlers and their families.