ECE435 Music, Movement, Drama, Dance
Lead Faculty: Dr. Judy Mantle
Focus on enriching and enhancing young children’s learning through the creative arts. Emphasis on integrating creative experiences within core subjects to create developmentally appropriate experiences.
- Demonstrate, in writing and discussion, supportive historical background and developmental perspectives for the use of creative arts in the growth and development of young children.
- Demonstrate, in writing and discussion, the effectiveness of music, movement, drama, and dance as teaching-learning strategies with young children.
- Demonstrate, in writing and discussion, blending of subject matter in music, movement, drama and dance and integration into an age appropriate dynamic learning curriculum units for young children.
- Compile a variety of music, movement, drama and dance resources for use in curriculum unit planning for young children.
- Develop skills in improvisation of activities to accompany play activities.
- Exhibit personal and social behavior while presenting culturally diverse performing arts – dance and music.
- Implement the use of environmental materials to create musical instruments.
- Demonstrate core standards for the performing arts as a means of fitness and health promotion.
- Demonstrate undergraduate-level written communication.
- Demonstrate undergraduate-level oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate undergraduate application of analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of potential legal and ethical issues in course content.