ECE410 Early Language and Literacy
Lead Faculty: Dr Enid Acosta-Tello
Focus on acquisition and developmental aspects of language related to emergent literacy skills. Emphasis on current research regarding language experiences that contributes to literacy acquisitions, including assessment and instruction.
- Use current research in language acquisition to validate academic decisions.
- Describe the relationship between language development and emerging literacy skills
- Plan age developmentally approaches and multicultural sensitive activities that effect the development of literary skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess children's work for communicating, planning, delivery and differentiating instruction
- Demonstrate the use of read alouds in planning different active learning activities using literacy (comprehension and vocabulary) as well as different genres (narrative and informational) books.