ECE211 Diversity: Development & Ed.
Lead Faculty: Dr. Valerie K. Amber
Focus on cultural pluralism and its impact on development and education in regards to teaching and learning strategies. Emphasis on self-examination, reflection, and integration of current processes involved in interactions and relationships in society.
- Develop effective verbal, nonverbal, and media communication techniques and strategies for diverse learners
- Examine the differences between multicultural education and cultural pluralism
- Identify the benefits of a strong multicultural education program
- Develop strategies to involve all families in children's development and learning
- Demonstrate professional standards and ethics
- List effective instructional strategies highlighting: review of previous work, presenting new content and skills, guiding child practice, keeping child on task, providing feedback and reviewing child's work.