The preliminary education specialist authorization teaching credential is designed to address both the education specialist standards and the program specific standards, including the teacher performance expectations and California standards for the teaching profession.
For additional information on credential requirements, please see the School of Education Credential Information section of the catalog.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate professional, legal, and ethical practices when instructing students with disabilities.
- Teach students who are diverse learners including those who are English language learners.
- Communicate effective case management and collaborative practices with parents, professionals, and other stake holders, in order to facilitate access to the core curriculum for students with disabilities.
- Assess students using a variety of standardized and non-standardized assessments in order to make appropriate educational decisions for students with disabilities
- Develop evidence-based curriculum and instruction including the use of educational and assistive technology to provide access to the core standards for students with disabilities.
- Transition students between educational environments and programs into successful post school experiences.
- TED 602 Educational Foundations
- SPD 604 Psychological Fdns of Educ.
- TED 606 Equity and Diversity
- SPD 608 Exceptionalities
- TED 621A Lang. Dev. Methods: Elem. Sch.
- TED 623 Lang. Dev. Methods: Secondary
- TED 621B Reading/Lang. Arts Methods
- SPD 614 Classroom and Behavior Mgmt
- SPD 616 Law,Collaboration & Transition
- SPD 622 Assessment
- SPD 628 Teaching Reading/Lang Arts