The clear education specialist teaching credential program is designed for educators who hold a preliminary education specialist credential in M/M (Mild/Moderate), M/S (Moderate Severe), or DHH (Deaf and Hard of Hearing). The program is a continuation of professional development for education specialist teachers who wish to clear their preliminary credential.
The program consists of four courses, one of which is an elective selected by the participating teacher. Participating teachers will develop an Individual Induction Plan (IIP) focused on the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP) and receive support from a district support provider. Teachers interested in completing the Clear Education Specialist program must be employed as a special education teacher while participating in the program.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate use of a variety of advanced evidence-based instructional strategies to engage and support all students. (CSTP 1; Clear Standard 5, 6, 6a, 6b)
- Develop and maintain effective equitable and inclusive learning environments appropriate for the supports for all students. (CSTP 2; Clear Standard 5, 6, 6a, 6b)
- Demonstrate knowledge and organization of subject matter, academic content standards and curriculum frameworks to ensure all students understanding. (CSTP 3; Clear Standard 5)
- Plan and develop instructional goals, adapt instructional plans and materials to meet the assessed learning needs of all students. (CSTP 4; Clear Standard 4, 5, 6, a, 6b)
- Use assessment data to develop and monitor goals, plan, differentiate and modify instruction for all students. (CSTP 5; Clear Standard 4, 5)
- Reflect on your teaching practice with DSP, using current evidence based research, legal issues, collaboration with families and other professionals in the context of current teaching assignment. (CSTP 6; Clear Standard 1, 2,3, 4,5,6, 7)
- SPD 660 Clear Orientation Seminar
- SPD 661 Special Topics MM MS DHH
- SPD 664 Clear Capstone
- SPD 642 Academic Instruction M/S
- SPD 632 Charac/Instr Stds w/ M/M Disab
- DHH 632 Charac of D/HH Learners
- SPD 672 Intro to ECSE