SPD661 Special Topics MM MS DHH
Lead Faculty: Dr. Penelope Keough
Course DescriptionCourse focuses on synthesis and application of evidence based research informing data driven instruction for monitoring student behavior and academic progress. Advanced practice in creating effective learning environments for special needs and EL students, collaborating with families and service providers, developing instruction and technology to facilitate curriculum mastery are examined.
- Evaluate current evidence based research specific to your specialization to integrate new knowledge and skills into your teaching practice.
- Create an effective inclusive and safe learning environment in your classroom utilizing positive behavior supports for all learners.
- Demonstrate effective assessment (CELDT) and instructional approaches for English language learners and share results with families and other professionals.
- Demonstrate the use of advanced pedagogy for subject matter in specific credential areas related to the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP).
- Develop technological resources and strategies to enhance the learning of all students.