SPD660 Clear Orientation Seminar
Lead Faculty: Dr. Penelope Keough
Course DescriptionA continuation of professional development for new Preliminary Education Specialist teachers. Participating teachers will assess their current teaching practice, explores professional teaching standards and design a growth plan to meet their needs and the needs of students they serve. Must be taken as the first course for the Education Specialist Clear Credential Program.
- Analyze a self-assessment of your teaching practice to identify your strengths and areas of challenge.
- Create a professional growth plan (IIP) based upon the California Standards for the Teaching Profession.
- Evaluate current research-based findings on effective teaching practices for students with disabilities to apply to your own teaching.
- Create an inquiry project focusing the Plan/Teach/Reflect/Apply cycle for an EL student, a student with behavior needs, and a special needs students.
- Evaluate current research-based literature impacting classroom practice; school reform, legal issues and leadership.