SPD634 Assess of Std w/ M/M Disab
This course is designed to provide the candidate with knowledge and skills required for assessing children and youth with disabilities and special needs with mild/moderate disabilities using formal and informal assessment techniques. The course also provides knowledge and skills required for linking assessment findings to instructional planning, including development, implementation and communication of the Individualized Education Program.
- integrate and apply the use of a variety of standardized and non-standardized assessment techniques and communicate results to all stakeholders in order to make appropriate educational decisions for students with mild moderate disabilities and diverse learners;
- integrate and apply the ability to develop, implement and evaluate evidence-based curriculum and instruction that includes assistive technology that provides access to the core standards for students with mild moderate disabilities and diverse learners, including students with autism spectrum disorder;
- integrate and apply the skills needed to transition students between educational environments and programs as well as into successful post school experiences
- integrate and apply effective case management, communication and collaborative practices with parents, professionals and other stake holders, in order to facilitate access to the core curriculum for students with mild moderate disabilities and diverse learners;
- engage in multiple field experiences in a broad range of service delivery options for students with disabilities mild moderate disabilities