SPD626 Effective Clsrm & Beh Mgmt
Course content focuses on effective classroom and behavior management emphasizing practical working understanding of the principles of classroom behavior management, positive behavioral supports, functional behavior analysis, and positive behavior intervention plans. Basic principles of behavior management and reinforcement are delineated. Emphasis is placed on effective classroom management and functionally-derived positive behavioral strategies for use in educational settings.
- integrate and apply understanding of and use evidence based, multifaceted methodologies and/or strategies in order in order to demonstrate proficiency in teaching and engaging students with disabilities who are English Language Learners and/or ASL/English Language Learners.
- integrate and apply knowledge and ability to implement systems that assess, plan and provide academic and social skill instruction to support positive behavior in all students including students with social-communication, behavioral and environmental needs.
- integrate and apply awareness of laws and regulations pertaining to the promoting of positive behavior and self-regulation as well as to promoting safe schools.
- integrate and apply knowledge about creating healthy learning environments, and how the effects of (a) family, (b) school, (c) community, and (d) environmental factors relate to students’ academic, physical, emotional and social well-being, and learning.
- integrate and apply knowledge about the legal responsibilities of teachers related to student health and safety