SPD487 Student Teaching Seminar
The Professional Portfolio is developed, completed and approved by the instructor in order to successfully pass this course. The course is graded satisfactory (S) or unsatisfactory (U) only. Eligible for In Progress (IP) grading.
- INTASC STANDARD:#1 Implement developmentally appropriate and challenging learning experiences.
- INTASC STANDARD:#2 Use understanding of individual differences and diverse cultures and communities to ensure inclusive learning environments that enable each learner to meet high standards.
- INTASC STANDARD:#3 Work with others to create environments that support individual and collaborative learning, and that encourage positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation.
- INTASC STANDARD:#4 Create learning experiences that make aspects of the discipline accessible and meaningful for learners to assure mastery of the content.
- INTASC STANDARD:#5 Use differing perspectives to connect concepts and engage learners in critical thinking, creativity, and collaborative problem solving related to authentic local and global issues.
- INTASC STANDARD:#6 Use multiple methods of assessment to engage learners in their own growth, to monitor learner progress, and to guide the teacher's and learner's decision-making.
- INTASC STANDARD:#7 Plan instruction that supports every student in meeting rigorous learning goals by drawing upon knowledge of content areas, curriculum, cross-disciplinary skills, and pedagogy, as well as knowledge of learners and the community context.
- INTASC STANDARD:#8 Use a variety of instructional strategies to encourage learners to develop deep understanding of content areas and their connections, and to build skills to apply knowledge in meaningful ways.
- INTASC STANDARD:#9 Engage in ongoing professional learning and use evidence to continually evaluate his/her practice, particularly the effects of his/her choices and actions on others (learners, families, other professionals, and the community), and adapts practice to meet the needs of each learner.
- INTASC STANDARD:#10 Seek appropriate leadership roles and opportunities to take responsibility for student learning, to collaborate with learners, families, colleagues, and other school professionals, and community members to ensure learner growth, and to advance the profession.