SPD422 Assessment of Diverse Learners
This course examines the use of formal and diagnostic assessments to determine strengths and weaknesses of students. Tests commonly used with students with Mild/moderates disabilities are administered and interpreted. Candidates will learn about selection, administration, and analysis of assessment instruments and to use the data to write a formal report, an IEP with goals and objectives, and to help prepare lesson plans. (NV TL: B V)
- Assess students in a comprehensive manner within breadth of the credential authorization.
- Use multiple sources of information to participate in progress monitoring and decision making regarding eligibility and standards.
- Apply skill in assessing students from diverse backgrounds with varying language, communication, and cognitive skills.
- Use informal assessments for the purpose of making accommodations, modifications, and providing instruction and program improvement.
- Use computer-based technology to manage data, including electronic IEP's, evidence based computer assessments and data collection.