EXC659 Adv. Spc. Moderate/Severe
Advanced methods to ensure that candidates are instructional leaders. Eff. communication skills and transdisciplinary relationships with families, caregivers and paraprofessionals stressed.
- Articulate the components of a basic curriculum for students with various moderate/severe disabilities.
- Describe the relationship between the special education teacher, district personnel and community agency representatives.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach meaningful skills to students and accommodate their needs in order for them to actively participate in activities within school, community and work settings.
- Communicate effectively as a member of a team with individuals with disabilities, administrators, and teachers, related service personnel and family members including non-family caregivers.
- Participate in site meetings, parent conferences and other activities involving schools and community agencies.
- Define key assessment concepts and terminology and identify the steps in the assessment process and the roles that parents, students and professionals play on the transdisciplinary team.