DHH632 Charac of D/HH Learners
Course DescriptionAn overview of the etiologies and cultural differences related to hearing loss and the learner characteristics that impact the unique needs of deaf and hard-of-hearing learners including language and cognitive development, social growth and academic development. Comparison of service delivery models and interventions, including cochlear implants, for students ages birth through 22 will be made.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the etiologies of hearing loss, types of hearing loss, demographics of deaf and hard of hearing population
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of cultural differences related to hearing loss and parental options related to intervention, including cochlear implants.
- Demonstrate knowledge of typical language and cognitive development birth through adulthood
- Demonstrate knowledge of learning characteristics of students who are deaf or hard of hearing including language and cognitive development, social growth and academic development
- Analyze service delivery models, including those available in public school options, available to students who are deaf and hard of hearing ages birth through 22.