EXC633 Creating Alliances in Alt. Ed.
Students will examine I.D.E.A and how it relates to students who are incarcerated or out of the regular education program, how to build alliances with coordinating agencies involved with students in out of school placement, and examine how to predict delinquent youth behavior and interventions that might mitigate the problem.
- Select strategies that promote successful transitions for individuals with exceptional learning needs. CC4S6
- Discuss the role of professional groups and referral agencies in identifying, assessing, and providing services to with individuals with exceptional learning needs. BD10K4
- Assemble collaborative conferences with individuals with exceptional learning needs, their families and agencies involved. CC10K5
- Examine the collaborative and consultative roles of the special education teacher in the reintegration of with individuals with exceptional learning needs and behavior problems. BD10K3
- Operate within the CEC Code of Ethics and other standards of the profession. CC9S1
- Evaluate appropriate and problematic social behaviors of individuals with emotional/behavioral disorders and develop realistic behavioral and curriculum expectations for a safe and positive learning environment. CC5S1; CC3K3; BD8S2
- Assess information to make eligibility, program and placement decisions for individuals with exceptional learning needs, including those from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and relay that information in a responsible way to coordinating agencies. CC8S6
- Create functional assessments to develop interventions plans. BD7K1
- Identify realistic expectations for personal and social behavior in various settings. CC7S4
- Identify supports needed for integration into various program placements. CC5S3