Preliminary Administrative Services Credential (California Only)
Dr. Glenn Sewell
This program is designed for students who are committed to improving education and who want to advance their careers by becoming public school administrators. For additional information on credential requirements, please see the School of Education Credential Information section of the catalog.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Create a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community.
- Develop a school culture conducive to student learning and staff professional growth.
- Analyze the organization, operations, and resources necessary to foster a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Design a system of collaboration that includes families and community members, and responds to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizes community resources.
- Evaluate aspects of professional and personal ethics that are conducive to leading a school or school system.
- Analyze the larger political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context that impacts a school or school district.
- Evaluate leadership through the lens of ethics and philosophy.
All courses, with the exception of field experience EDA 620B and EDA 620I, are scheduled by an admissions advisor.
Core Requirements (8 courses; 36 quarter units)