This program is designed for students who are committed to improving education and who want to advance their careers by becoming public school administrators. For additional information on credential requirements, please see the Sanford College of Education Credential Information section of the catalog.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze the process for creating, stewarding, and communicating a shared vision that includes school-wide goals for improving teaching and learning.
- Examine the role of the instructional leader in the context of the stewardship of effective instructional practices.
- Examine the role of the instructional leader in the context of curriculum development, implementation, and assessment.
- Analyze the collaborative, ongoing processes of data-based school growth plans.
- Critique systems for the provision of professional growth opportunities for school teachers, staff, and administrators.
- Examine the complex Interaction of all of a school’s systems to promote teaching and learning.
- Analyze ways in which a school can engage their communities to promote the shared vision.