Clear Administrative Services Credential (California Only)
Dr. Donna Elder
The Clear Administrative Services program provides a field-based preparation for administrators seeking a successor credential for administrators to replace their expiring Preliminary Administrative Services Credential. It consists of three courses or 13.5 hours: Induction Seminar, Professional Development Seminar, and Assessment Seminar, and may be completed in three months. For additional information on credential requirements, please see the School of Education Credential Information section of the catalog.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Identify areas of interest for personal study and professional development.
- Identify supplementary areas of study and professional development.
- Create and maintain a vision of learning at the candidate’s school or school district.
- Develop and sustain a school culture focused on teaching and learning.
- Provide organizational management of the many aspects of the candidate’s school and/or district.
- Present an assessment of the Professional Clear Administrative Credential coursework in relationship to current and future administrative responsibilities.
- Assess their individualized professional growth through participation in the Professional Clear Administrative Services Credential Program.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to school and family needs in diverse communities.
- Apply knowledge of the political, social, economic, legal and cultural context of educational leadership in the candidate’s school and/or school district.
- Provide ethical leadership within the candidate’s school and/or school district.
- Prepare goals for personal and professional growth.
- Develop a plan for future personal and professional growth.
- Select mentors and build working relationships with them.
- Discuss and reflect upon the completion of the Induction plan.
- Assess the efficacy of their experiences with mentoring.
Program Requirements (3 courses; 13.5 quarter units)
Courses must be completed the order below.