PED680 Roles, Issues and Ethics
Introduction to professional, ethical, legal, theoretical, and practical aspects of School Psychology. School Psychology candidates will examine the roles and responsibilities of school psychologists, professional organizations, and associations. Historical and social context along with emerging professional issues and directions are included. National Standards and ethical guidelines for practice are examined.
- Analyze the ethical codes of the National Association of School Psychologists and other professional organizations.
- Interpret state and federal laws, cases, principles and issues related to the provision of school psychological services.
- Appraise key aspects of the history of school psychology and their impact on current and the future of the profession.
- Evaluate laws pertaining to professional records, privileged communication and due process.
- Assess various processes of ethical decision making.
- Summarizes the importance of developing competence in providing services to culturally diverse clientele.
- Compare the relationship of the profession of school psychology with various roles in a school system.