PED677 Curriculum Interventions
The focus of this class is to introduce School Psychology School Psychology candidates to a conceptual framework for assessing and evaluating a wide range of academic concerns within a problem solving approach using nontraditional academic assessment techniques and an RTI model.
- Understand the concepts of Response-to Intervention (RtI) and its role within the educational system.
- Understand and describe the steps and components used when assessing student performance using a problem-solving approach.
- Identify and describe the differences between traditional psychometric and functional methods of academic assessment.
- Compare and contrast the use of both traditional and alternative assessment devices to determine student academic/behavioral needs in problem identification, intervention development and evaluation.
- Identify instructional recommendations based upon assessment empirical-based data.