PED666 Human Neuropsychology
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael Anderson
Explores the theories and analysis of brain function, structure, and brain behavior relationships.
- Describe the principles of Neuropsychology.
- Identify specific Neuroanatomy structures.
- Summarize main functions of each Neuranatomy structure.
- Describe the interaction between cognitive, emotional and behavioral deficits seen in neuropsychological dysfunctions.
- Understand how the environment can influence brain development and differentiation.
- Summarize the effects of early brain lesions/dysfunction on learning, memory, sensation, and emotions.
- Explain the different role of the right and left hemisphere in emotional processing.
- Define and describe various neurological disorders, especially the neuropsychological sequel following childhood head injuries.
- Discuss approaches to neuropsychological assessment and referral decisions.
- Identify key factors related to optimal brain development enhanced abilities.