PED637 School Psychology Research
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael Anderson
This course will provide knowledge and skills required to generate and evaluate research relevant to School Psychology. School Psychology candidates prepare a research proposal, obtain appropriate approval, conduct the study and prepare an oral and written report. Maximum length of time is 12 months. Grading is by H, S, or U only. Course is eligible for an IP grade.
- Investigate an educational problem using the sound educational research strategies and practice.
- Interpret research-based educational literature for the purpose of writing a review of the literature associated with a selected topic of interest to school psychology practices.
- Implement a research project related to a relevant topic in school psychology.
- Evaluate data from a research intervention.
- Develop a written manuscript of each step of the action research project.