EDA680 Charter School Leadership
Lead Faculty: Dr. Rollin Nordgren
Leadership skills necessary to establish and sustain a charter school; understanding the role the community in the charter school environment, the application process, and preparing to open and operate a charter school. Role that a Charter School leader plays in the daily operation and his/her relationship to the educational community. How to analyze and present data, and demonstrate strategies for developing and planning staff and community development.
- Design a plan for formulating and communicating a vision and mission for a charter school.
- Design a plan for evaluating the instructional delivery system in a charter school.
- Design a communication plan for on-going interaction with the school community.
- Apply policies, procedures and the California Education Code to situations that can occur in charter schools.
- Research and write a charter school petition.