EDA673N Field Experience
Supervised application of theoretical concepts in practical settings. Candidates complete a portfolio of administrative activities demonstrating competency in areas identified. Stresses day-to day administrative functions as well as policy analysis and implementation. This course may be taken concurrently with another class or scheduled in an open month. This course takes 3-12 months to complete. It must be completed within 12 months of being scheduled. This course must be completed in residence. Grading is S/U only Course is eligible for an "IP" grade. Nevada, only.
- Create a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community.
- Develop a school culture conducive to student learning and staff professional growth.
- Analyze the organization, operations, and resources necessary to foster a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Design a system of collaboration that includes families and community members, and responds to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizes community resources.
- Evaluate aspects of professional and personal ethics that are conducive to leading a school or school system.
- Analyze the larger political, social, economic, legal and cultural context that impacts a school or school district.