EDA651 Ethics and Philosophy of Leaders
Lead Faculty: Dr. Clifford E. Tyler
This course examines ethical school leadership through the lens of educational and leadership philosophies. Candidates will create a working philosophy that will guide their practice.
- Examine the role of instructional leader and curriculum designer including values and ethics in a school's mission statement.
- Analyze the multiple perspectives and philosophies of ethical behaviors within diverse cultures.
- Analyze the impact of ethical theories and philosophies of leadership on a school setting.
- Develop a personal educational philosophy reflecting ethical values related to educational leadership.
- Examine ethical decision-making techniques to real life scenarios from school districts and other educational organizations.
- Design a school or department that reflects a personal educational philosophy including the attributes of ethical leadership qualities, change, research, community and diversity.