EDA650 Ethics and School Leadership
Introduces connection between leadership and ethics. Study of traditional ethical frameworks as presented by early Greek writers, past and present philosophers and theologians, non-believers, and leadership scholars. Consideration of long-range implications of leadership activities through case study analysis.
- Analyze the multiple perspectives of ethical behaviors within diverse cultures.
- Evaluate a personal ethical compass in relation to principles of right conduct.
- Create and design possible ways to implement the ethical theories of leadership into the school setting.
- Recognize and generalize from given facts a series of forces that might be encountered which would hinder incorporating ethical leadership into an educational organization.
- Analyze linkages among four other important attributes of ethical leadership qualities: change, research, community and diversity.
- Apply ethical decision-making techniques to real life scenarios from school districts and other educational organizations.