EDA626 Community and Diversity
Lead Faculty: Dr Teri Marcos
Analysis of social and political forces impacting human resources leadership and school-community relations. Internal and external components of operation of personnel and school management functions. Needs of diverse communities cultural Pluralism, personnel issues, and personnel and community relationships related to state and federal laws and local policies. Collective bargaining's impact on human resources and community relationships.
- Analyze how the goals and aspirations of a diverse community can be use to foster an effective school learning environment.
- Incorporate information about family and community expectations into school decision-making and activities as demonstrated in a school-public relations plan that includes community and business organizations.
- Explore various avenues of school information dispursement that can be done on a continual and regular basis.
- Support the equitable success of all students and all subgroups of students by mobilizing and leveraging community support services.
- Examine administration and union roles in collective bargaining and contract management.
- Evaluate the procedures for documentation and personnel file building regarding employee discipline and termination.