EDA614 Introduction to Leadership
Lead Faculty: Dr. Sidney R. Castle
Course DescriptionThe theories, principles, and concepts related to leadership, administration, and management applied to education. Application and implications of theory for the instructional leader and education-related manager.
- Facilitate the development of a shared vision for the achievement of all students based upon data from multiple measures of student learning and relevant qualitative indicators.
- Communicate a shared vision, based on the school's mission, to all stakeholders.
- Evaluate the influences of diversity in improving teaching and learning.
- Identify and address any barriers to accomplishing the vision.
- Design school programs and activities that are integrated, articulated through the grades, and consistent with the school vision.
- Plan for sufficient resources, including technology, that can implement and attain the vision for all students and all subgroups of students.