EDA610 Induction Seminar
Candidates will develop an induction plan for the two years of the induction program. Candidates will identify professional growth opportunities including non-university professional development. Candidates will be assigned a coach in the district who will provide coaching support throughout the two year program. Critical issues that will be addressed are getting to know your district's policies and procedures, developing and assessing a school culture, instructional supervision, and building community relationships. Course is S/U grading basis only. This course is four months in length.
- Develop goals for personal and professional growth.
- Examine district policies and procedures which support a safe and productive learning environment.
- Evaluate the culture of your school.
- Analyze the school instructional supervision plan.
- Evaluate local partnerships the school has to with partners, businesses, and other community resources.